Sunday, July 26, 2015

GIA Gem Instruments immersion cell

Just for amusement, I am posting a photo of a GIA immersion cell I bought on eBay some time ago.  It was pretty cheap.  Another seller wanted over $767 for theirs!!!

By the way, you can get excellent results by using the bottom of a cheap plastic mini coffee cup (the little disposable ones they have in Brazil that have a capacity of about 3 sips).  The thin white plastic is a great diffuser.  I used to place mine over the LED light on the back of my old Nokia E63 cellphone.  Oh wait!  I actually still do that! 


You can buy an immersion cell almost exactly like the one in the photo above from Gem Products for $30.00.  

http://www.gemproducts.com/gemologicaltools.html

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete